Make license options customizable and drop non-FaiF options by default
|Reported by:||Christopher Allan Webber||Owned by:|
|Component:||programming||Keywords:||license, cc, re|
Description (last modified by )
Several things to this:
- Add an option to mediagoblin.ini that's like:
enabled_licenses = http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
- Add an option for "enable_nolicense = false" (false by default) which allows for all rights reserved
- Make CC BY-SA, CC BY, CC0 the default licenses, "disable by default" *-NC *-ND, all rights reserved (which is what the described config above shows)
- Provide a "default license" option. Should default to BY-SA?
- Allow users to select their default license option
And obviously, add appropriate logic to support this!
We just want to "filter out" what license options are permitted. It's okay for things in the database which have a license not in this list to be marked as something else.