Remove Markdown explanations, after figuring out how to handle links
|Reported by:||Jef van Schendel||Owned by:|
Currently some inputs such as the comment field, the profile bio and the media description have "You can use Markdown for formatting." next to them, where "Markdown" links to http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/basics .
I'd prefer to have these removed, the reasons being:
- Not all Markdown styles work, on purpose. Headers don't show, for instance, because this would mess up the page layout.
- Markdown aims to be as natural as possibe. Type *this* and it will show it with emphasis. Lists are easy to create as well. Therefore, no explicit explanation is needed.
- Having less stuff is good.
The only problem to me seems to be links, because it is unclear how to create those. Either:
- We explain how to create links.
- We add a small button that inserts a link template in the field.
Otherwise, it will be hard to figure out how to create links because inserting a URL will not result in one (maybe that is a bug in itself?).