Opened 10 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#818 closed defect (fixed)

pbr is breaking things

Reported by: vlado Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 0.9.0
Component: programming Keywords:
Cc: berkerpeksag Parent Tickets:


I tried new instalation on debian, every stopped with error
Attachment is included

Attachments (1)

error_1.txt (3.6 KB ) - added by vlado 10 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

by vlado, 10 years ago

Attachment: error_1.txt added

comment:1 by saul, 10 years ago

From Chris Webber I learned that performing the following command and then re-running the setup fixes this problem.

./bin/pip install pbr==0.5.22

Hopefully the normal build process will be fixed in the near future.

comment:2 by Christopher Allan Webber, 10 years ago


comment:3 by Christopher Allan Webber, 10 years ago

This still isn't fixed I think, but haven't tested it recently. I believe Asheesh Laroia got a patch upstream(?) that fixes the issue in pbr. Not sure when that will be resolved.

I'm still not sure why one of our dependencies is including pbr though... looks like some odd monkeypatching...

I tried switching the dependency to pbr==0.5.22 in mediagoblin's but it broke our Jenkins install.. not sure what to do.

comment:4 by Christopher Allan Webber, 10 years ago

Summary: every attempt for new installation ending "make: *** [develop] Error 1"pbr is breaking things

I renamed the title of this one to "pbr is breaking things", because that's more accurate than the makefile issue.

comment:5 by Jessica Tallon, 10 years ago

Milestone: 0.7.0

This effects us as sqlalchemy-migrate now uses pbr. The current solution is the pin the sqlalchemy-migrate package at a pre-pbr version. Since berker is working on #814 moving from sqlalchemy-migrate to alembic, it'd is probably easiest to wait until we've moved over and then this shouldn't be an issue as we won't need pbr.

comment:6 by berkerpeksag, 10 years ago

Cc: berkerpeksag added

comment:7 by Christopher Allan Webber, 8 years ago

Milestone: 0.9.0
Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Things seem to be fine now, for whatever reasons in recentish changes in dependencies.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.