Improving Media collection
Summary of changes :
Basically, to idea is to replace the tedious process to add medias to collection. It's done, by putting the form where media are.
- When you submit a media
- When you are on a media's page.
The "add to collection" page no longer exists (yet I haven't removed anything that whould allow it to work... up to you).
- The media_collect.html has been splitted to be used as a stand alone or as par of another form (start.html). The media's information has been removed, it's now contextual.
- The "embeddable form" is in utils/collection_form.html
- submit/start.html embeds the form above
The "add to collection" method has been put in tools/collection.py so it can be called from the "submit a media form" and from within the media page.
- in user_pages/views.py
- media_home : adding the collection form
- media_collect : it calls the collection_tools method instead
- in submit/views.py : calls the collection_tools method, passing the new media's data
I've slightly changed the behavior when you type an existing collection : it add the media to the existing collection instead of showing an error. It was mainly because I couldn't find a way to reload the media entry page without losing the filled form. Moreover, it's a smoother way to handle the error.
Here are the changes