Opened 12 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#437 closed defect (fixed)

Wrap bio text in <div> instead of <p>

Reported by: joar Owned by: Christopher Allan Webber
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: graphic design/interface Keywords: bitesized
Cc: Jef van Schendel, Emma.C.Echo@… Parent Tickets:

Description

Our markdown library wraps the text in a div, that div breaks out of the <p> scope (as we are working with HTML, not XHTML) and then we get an orphaned </p> tag.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgobblin.se%2Fu%2Fjoar%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.3

Change History (8)

comment:1 by Jakob Kramer, 12 years ago

We could simply remove the surrounding <p>, could not we?

in reply to:  1 comment:2 by joar, 12 years ago

Replying to gandaro:

We could simply remove the surrounding <p>, could not we?

I think it's safe to do that. As long as our markdown library stays the same.

For future-proofing we'd perhaps change the surrounding <p> to a <div>, and give it a class.

comment:3 by Christopher Allan Webber, 12 years ago

Keywords: bitesized added

comment:4 by Emily O'Leary, 11 years ago

Owner: set to Emily O'Leary
Status: newaccepted

comment:5 by Emily O'Leary, 11 years ago

Cc: Emma.C.Echo@… added
Owner: changed from Emily O'Leary to Christopher Allan Webber
Status: acceptedassigned

I have replaced the paragraph tags with classed div tags. Here is the commit to my branch.

https://gitorious.org/~lotusecho/mediagoblin/lotusechos-mediagoblin/commits/trac437_user_profile_div

in reply to:  5 comment:6 by joar, 11 years ago

Replying to LotusEcho:

I have replaced the paragraph tags with classed div tags. Here is the commit to my branch.

https://gitorious.org/~lotusecho/mediagoblin/lotusechos-mediagoblin/commits/trac437_user_profile_div

Unfortunately there seems to have been a misunderstanding. I would not like to get rid of all paragraph tags, just one :)

The paragraph tag that shouldn't exist is located at https://gitorious.org/~lotusecho/mediagoblin/lotusechos-mediagoblin/blobs/master/mediagoblin/templates/mediagoblin/utils/profile.html#line22.

What needs to be done is simply to remove it, it might sound like an insultingly silly small task, but I didn't know exaclyt where it was when I posted this bug, and if you want to you are more than welcome to submit a fix that doesn't have the paragraph tags around {{ user.bio_html }}.

comment:7 by Emily O'Leary, 11 years ago

Alright. I made the indicated change in addition I fixed a </p> which was typed as <p/> which could lead to validation errors as well if the user did not exist. I reset my branch back to master and made the changes.

https://gitorious.org/~lotusecho/mediagoblin/lotusechos-mediagoblin/commits/trac437_user_profile_div

in reply to:  7 comment:8 by joar, 11 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Replying to LotusEcho:

Alright. I made the indicated change in addition I fixed a </p> which was typed as <p/> which could lead to validation errors as well if the user did not exist. I reset my branch back to master and made the changes.

https://gitorious.org/~lotusecho/mediagoblin/lotusechos-mediagoblin/commits/trac437_user_profile_div

Merged and pushed, thank you! :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.