Custom grid generator
We'll need to build a custom grid generator to get some decent
Here's what we have in mind now:
- It should be able to create grids of different sizes, so we can
choose different amounts of columns and rows.
- Each thumbnail will be in a div element.
- Every row of thumbnails will also be in a div. This will allow
the rows to resize according to their contents (say a row only
contains very wide images, in that case the height will be lower to
avoid awkward spacing).
- Each of these elements will have a class. For correct margins,
the first and last thumbnail element in every row will have a
second class that removes the margin at the left or right side,
- The same should probably be true for the first and last row, to
avoid extra space at the bottom or top of the grid.
(As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong.)
So, basically like cwebber said:
<img src="blabla" />
<div class="thumb_label">Bla bla</div>
And then for instance a thumbnail element will looks like:
While a thumbnail element on the far right would have an extra
<div class="thumb_entry thumb_last">
Probably not important, but for reference: we're using thumbnails
that are 180px wide, with 10px of space in between.