Custom Query (1168 matches)
Results (13 - 15 of 1168)
flesh out hacking howto in docs
This is kind of a hand-wavy issue in that it's hard to discern when
it's "completed". I vote we can use a gut feeling to decide one way
or the other.
Thus this bug is for helping to figure out what goes into the
Hacking HOWTO and making sure it gets there.
For April 30th, we want a Hacking HOWTO chapter in the
documentation that covers the following:
1. how to build a working development environment for GNU
2. how to run GNU MediaGoblin in a development environment (the
deployment howto covers how to run it in a production environment)
3. how to contribute patches
4. where to look for things to work on
5. where to look for help when you're stuck
The document is in the mediagoblin repository in
flesh out design decisions in docs
One of the things we're adding to the manual is a chapter on design
decisions. This is important for two reasons:
1. people new to the project can read it, learn what we've decided
so far, and why
2. people new to the project can glean more about how we plan to do
what we're doing
3. head off "why didn't you do xyz?" questions which the project
team has discussed, decided, and moved on
4. gives us a good resource for re-evaluating decisions later on
down the road when necessary
5. gives people working on other projects a good resource for
working through these sorts of decisions more quickly for their
For April 30th, we need to do the following:
1. format the question and answer sections in an appropriate way
2. add sections that should be covered that aren't yet
3. add a workflow bit at the bottom for how to add questions in the
flesh out contributing howto
The documentation will have a howto on contributing. This is in
addition to the hacking howto. We decided last week that it was a
good idea to have two separate chapters so that we can more easily
focus on getting non-code contributors into the project.
For April 30th, the contributing howto should have the following
1. filing bugs
3. hacking -- which refers to the hacking howto
4. theming -- which refers to the theming howto (which will be a
stub for April 30th)
5. where to go when you get stuck
We should have a section for each kind of work we need help with.
What other sections should it have?
Adding everyone to the watch list on this one because it needs more
for help on using queries.